<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > feeling anxious

feeling anxious

October 27th, 2016 at 03:15 am

I'm found a realtor in one of the areas we liked. She is very good but I find myself again pulling back. I'm feeling pressured. I know I'm grinding my teeth over the anxiety. I can feel myself waking up just thinking and worrying.

Have I mentioned I am using redfin? I really like the touring agents and the method behind touring without pressure. I like how you have to tell the offer agent when you are ready. I didn't like the fact that the offer agent I had didn't respond for 2-3 days when I emailed her. I know it's not full service and I don't need hand-holding I just want a person who responds.

So I switched for one area to a full service agent. And now I'm regretting it. The realtor is very good in the keeping in touch. She's also good about following up with other agents. But I don't think she likes how indecisive I am.

I don't think she likes the fact that I want to see the house more than 1x. That I'm looking at houses with my DH then we want to go back before deciding. Every house we've seen and gone back she's asked and pushed if we want to put in an offer.

The truth is we haven't found the house we want. I was very honest with her today that we are in a lease till July 2017. We decided that we would buy our dream home now if it shows up and if it doesn't we'll wait.

But I don't want to settle now. I'm not ready to compromise and buy a home in the location I am not in love with until March or April. Until then I want to wait and keep watching what comes on. I've yet to walk into anything and been "wow" i want this. Everything has been meh and compromised. I know that I have to compromise, everyone does.

Am I wrong to wait? Do I need to rush? I feel like if I'm going to compromise does it have to be now? Can't it be when we're under the gun and need to move?

Yes I feel my DH breathing down my neck about his commute. Today was another 2 hour commute. But at the same time he's willing to wait because he agrees we haven't found it yet. I don't know what "it" is but all homes have been okay.

What should we do? Since we aren't rushing should I just use redfin and suck it up? I can honestly say we hvaen't seen a house we've kicked ourselves over and said we should have bought. I feel so guilty that this is taking so long and more anxious that I won't find anything.


5 Responses to “feeling anxious”

  1. Carol Says:

    Don't feel guilty. You are the customer. You took a big chance to follow your dreams and you get to take the time you need to find a house you like.

  2. ceejay74 Says:

    She doesn't have to like it -- don't lose any sleep (or teeth) over that! Big Grin Do things your way and don't let her get to you. If she's giving you trouble or resisting doing what you want, drop her.

  3. PatientSaver Says:

    I agree with ceejay. Let her EARN her big commission. You're the boss and would be very matter of fact, honest and straightforward about your feelings. If she doesn't want to work with you (and of course she will) there are plenty of others who will. And if you don't like being ask about making an offer all the time, just tell her to refrain and you'll certainly let her know when/if you're ready.

  4. LivingAlmostLarge Says:

    I decided to go back and use a redfin realtor to show us some houses with less pressure and I don't feel bad for asking them to show us houses.

  5. thats what i would do Says:

    Why don't you look online until you see a potential "dream" house then physically go and look at it, if you know it's not your dream house after looking at the front yard and proceed to view the whole house you are wasting your time and your Realtors time

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]